Over the last few days, we've patiently waited at base camp hoping for the winds to ease and for the snow to improve. Lakpa and Dendi tried again to fix the summit ropes, but only reached another 100m above where…

Winds too high 5PM

It's still a waiting game at base camp. We're still waiting for the wind and snow to recede to allow the fixing team an opportunity to finish the route.
The fixing team will attempt to finish the route today. This is the last window before a few days of high winds. However, the team's progress will again depend on the snow conditions up there. Base camp is still covered…

Summit attempt aborted 5PM

Everyone is back at base camp today. Unfortunately, the snow conditions prevented the fixing team from completing the route to the summit. The risk of avalanche is still too high. To protect our climbers and guides, we've pulled everyone off…

Team A on summit push 8PM

It's happening for Team A! Allan, Mark, Michael, Raul and Stephen are currently at Camp 1 on their climb up to the summit. Jangbu is part of the fixing team and led the route to Camp 2.7 today. However, the…

Team B acclimatising at Camp 4PM

Allan, Mark, Michael, Raul, Stephen and Sumit dropped back to base camp today to make room for our Team B of Jack, Noel, Tom and new arrival Kate McGuiness (Australia) to have their go acclimatising at 5800m, Camp 1. Jack…

Good rotation to Camp 2 5PM

Speedy Angkaji and Dendi went up from base camp this morning to set up Camp 2. Following them was the team, who had a good rotation to Camp 2 today. Without any crowds, they reached there in good time.

Team A at Camp 1 5PM

Trudging through snow, it was a hot slough to Camp 1 today for our Team A, which now consists of Allan, Mark, Michael, Raul, Stephen and Sumit. Pemba the camp cook also made the climb to support the climbers. Yesterday,…

Pushed past the snow to 5600m 4PM

The team are settling back at base camp after spending the day hiking up close to Camp 1 (5600m). The glare off the snow has left everyone looking very tanned and feeling too warm climbing.

Puja at base camp 8AM

The Pangbouche lama has arrived at base camp to conduct our puja for the season on Ama dablam. Finally the weather has cleared for us to move ahead with the climbing schedule, which is now slightly delayed due to the…

Winter wonderland at base camp 2PM

For the last 48 hr, more than 1.5m of snow has fallen at base camp leaving it looking like a winter wonderland in autumn. The team are hunkered down at camp, fueling up and enjoying a heated tent.

Expecting storm 10AM

The weather has been brilliantly sunny till now, as Nepal including the Khumbu await a deluge of rain and snow from Cyclone Phailin as it moves inland into India. To avoid walking through the expected snowfall, the team are speedily…